This German Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake with Coconut Pecan Icing is an idea I got from a bread recipe I saw online. I am going to do a holiday bread recipe with cream cheese later so keep checking back with us on it. This is an easy recipe to make and we chose to make it in our bundt pan. I am sure you could use a 9 X 13 pan and if you do let me know how it turns out. We are always interested in new ideas!
The ingredients for this cake are not difficult at all. Most of it is stuff you will already have on hand in your pantry or cabinet. The wonderful thing about this is, you can choose other kinds of cake to pair with the cream cheese and it can be just as delicious! It doesn’t have to be German Chocolate, it can be anything you like with Cream Cheese. Top with whatever you like!
Mix and match and let us know what you discover!
Ingredients for: German Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake
- 1- Box German Chocolate Cake Mix (You brand choice)
- 1- Can Coconut Pecan Icing
- 1- 8 oz package or cream cheese ~ softened to room temp.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1- Bundt Pan
Directions for: German Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare cake according to box directions
- In a separate bowl add cream cheese, sugar, egg, flour, and vanilla
- Mix until well blended
- Grease or spray your Bundt Pan with nonstick spray
- Pour half of your cake mix into your Bundt Pan
- Spoon the cream cheese mix on top of the cake mix in the pan. Don’t worry if it sinks a little.
- Pour the remaining cake mix on top
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes
- Let cool and apply icing
Let us know how you like your German Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake in the comment window below.
Thank you for stopping by Back Roads Living again!
Share the post with your friends by clicking your favorite SOCIAL SITES buttons below! 🙂