Fried Green Tomato Sandwich
Have you ever tried a Fried Green Tomato Sandwich! This is a very simple dish and practically anyone who can fry bacon or sausage can fix it! This is a melt in your mouth kind of recipe if you like fried green tomato sandwiches.
A suggestion for this terrific dish is to serve on toasted bread! I love Garlic type bread and this is no exception for this sandwich. I love this kind of stuff that you can mix and match and try different vegetables with.
We prefer a pre seasoned Cast Iron Skillet like the one below.
Ingredients for Fried Green Tomato Sandwich
- 1 large green tomato, sliced into 4 – 1/4″ slices.
- 1/4 cup corn meal
- 1 egg beaten + 2 tsp milk, seasoned to taste. (We use a little salt, pepper and lemon pepper)
- 4 strips of bacon, fried crisp. (You can bake this in the oven) Directions: place bacon on a cookie sheet lined with foil and place in a cold oven set temp to 375 and bake until desired crispiness. 10-15 minutes.
- Enough cooking oil to cover large skillet bottom approx 1/2″ deep.
- 4 Slices or your favorite bread
- Topping (Your Choice) We used ranch.
Directions for Fried Green Tomato Sandwich
- Dip tomato slices in egg and milk mix.
- Place in meal and coat both sides. (I put my meal on a plate and just turned the tomatoes and patted the meal on them good.)
- Fry Tomatoes on both sides until brown and crisp. Approx 2 in each side.
- Arrange two slices of tomato per sandwich
- Arrange two slices of Bacon per sandwich.
- Add Lettuce.
- Add topping of choice.
- Add top piece of bread and enjoy your wonderful sandwich!
Note: This recipe will make two sandwiches.
Check out our Affiliate below!
Fried Green Tomato Sandwich Photo by: Kristen Taylor
A wonderful visual for this recipe in the video below.
If you enjoyed this recipe on the Fried Green Tomato Sandwich, leave us a comment below, or if you fix yours a different way drop us a line! 🙂