2 Very Easy Recipes With Ground Beef
When you look forward to having some protein for the night’s dinner, you have many types of meats and such to choose from. But if you look at your budget, very few proteins will come to your use that are less expensive than ground beef. Now that we have decided you have ground beef to cook for your dinner, lets figure out what you should cook. You can make so many dishes out of this simple chunk of meat. But, properly cooking ground beef is quite difficult, as you don’t want it to be greasy and foul tasting. So for you, we’ll have a couple of easy recipes with ground beef for you to cook some wonderful dinner for your family. And we will cook these easy recipes of ground beef with a crock pot so that this becomes more simple for any home cook.
Crockpot is wonderful appliance to have at your kitchen. Now why is that? First, this slow cooking machine will give you the freedom to multitask while cooking. Also another thing with crockpots is the fact that crockpot makes cooking really simple. All you need to do is prep the ingredients, mix them in the crock pot and cook for the time required and nothing else. Cooking with a crockpot makes even the most complicated dishes look like child’s play.
Now we are going to cook ground beef with a crock pot. Ground beef is a bit difficult to cook properly because of the fat it has. Often it just may cook in its own fat to make it greasy. So to prevent that we’ve decided to use a crockpot. This will make delicious dishes out of ground beef. With all that being said, lets check out a couple of easy recipes with ground beef.
Here is our first of the easy recipe with ground beef.
Crockpot Macaroni and Beef
You’re craving for some Italian for the night’s dinner? Make some really tasty meat sauce in a crock pot and top them on some macaroni or any other kind of pasta as you like. A really delicious and mouthwatering meal which will fill you Italian desires. Also the bonus of this dish is it is really cost effective for you.
Ingredients for: Crockpot Macaroni and Beef
1 large chopped onion
2 lbs. 90-95% lean ground beef
2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
1 tsp. kosher salt
8 ounces of any corkscrew pasta
½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
2 tbsp. chopped basil
Salt and pepper (as required)
Instructions for: Crockpot Macaroni and Beef
- Put the onion, ground beef (crumbled) and tomatoes in the crock pot. Switch on the crock pot and cook for 7-8 hours on low. Break up large chunks of beef with a wooden spoon.
- After the cooking is done, add seasoning to the beef sauce and keep it in the crockpot to keep it warm.
- Take a pot of salted fresh water. Boil ii and cook the pasta in it according to the package directions. Cook till the pasta is at dente. Drain and serve in bowl with the beef sauce. Use basi, cheese and pepper as toppings.
See, very easy to cook ground beef dish.
Another Recipe with ground beef is,
Crockpot Shepherd’s Pie
Shepherd’s pie is a staple dish of American households. All you need to make it is some ground beef, mashed potatoes, and some vegetables. It is really easy to make using a crock pot. So let’s get to it.
Ingredients for: Crockpot Shepherd’s Pie
2 lbs. medium Yukon Gold potatoes
½ cup fresh milk
2 tbsp. unsalted butter
Salt and Pepper (as required)
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 diced medium onion
2 minced garlic cloves
1 lb. 80-85% lean ground beef
1 tbsp. tomato paste
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. thyme
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1½ cup frozen vegetables
Instructions for: Crockpot Shepherd’s Pie
- Prick the potatoes completely with a fork. Microwave them on high till tender. This’ll take 15 minutes. Afterwards remove them from the microwave, cool them down and peel them. Then mash with warm butter and milk with needed salt and pepper
- In a sauce pan, warm olive oil on medium heat. Add onion and cook till the onion is translucent. Add garlic to it and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add ground beef in it. Increase heat to medium high. Break up the chunks of beef and cook till browned. Stir in tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and salt and pepper and add to the pan. Then whisk the cornstarch in 1 cup of water.
- Add the cornstarch to the pan, and cook till it thickens.
- After wards, remove the pan from it and move the components in a crockpot. Layer vegetables and mash potatoes over the beef and cook for 3 hours on low
- Once done, serve with necessary seasoning.
If you have any other ground beef recipes to share with us, be sure to find us at our Contact Us page.