How to make Lemon Bundt Cake from Cake mix.
A Lemon Bundt Cake is not going to last long here at Back Roads Living. We country folk like our food! You know, us backwoods people really like to eat our sweets! 😉 This Lemon Bundt Cake from Cake mix is a moist and easy cake to make. Easy ingredients and directions. This is a good cake for beginners or an experienced cook who wants to make a quick cake without all the fuss!
Bundt cakes are cakes that have a ring shape and are made from bundt pans. The shape is inspired by traditional European cakes referred to as Gugelhupf. Bundt cake pans are available in a wide assortment of designs, materials, shapes, and sizes. This pan style has gained popularity over recent years which has led to multiple creative designs for impressive finished cake looks. It also eliminates the constant need for frosting. However, the most popular bundt pan shape is the round one with grooved edges.
This pan style has gained popularity over recent years which has led to multiple creative designs for impressive finished cake looks. It also eliminates the constant need for frosting. However, the most popular bundt pan shape is the round one with grooved edges.
Bundt cakes do not involve any particular cake recipe but are generally used to bake heavy cakes such as chocolate fudge cakes, coffee cakes, rum cakes and fruit cakes. Regular cake pans and bundt cake pans are quite different although it may not be very obvious. The bundt pan, for instance, should be floored and well-buttered in every nook and cranny for easier transfer when the cake is ready. The cake recipes used should also be extremely moist as a large part of the cake’s surface is exposed to the high temperatures.
The bundt pan, for instance, should be floored and well-buttered in every nook and cranny for easier transfer when the cake is ready. The cake recipes used should also be extremely moist as a large part of the cake’s surface is exposed to the high temperatures.
Most of the pans range from 10-12 inches in diameter and about 5 inches deep with a hole in the center. It allows for even baking of the cake. The cakes from bundt pans also come out with a nice crusty edge which is not only delicious but also provides an excellent base for the heavy recipes.
This is due to its hollow middle that enables more batter to touch the sides of the cake pan. This article will give you a guide on how to make a lemon bundt cake from cake mix. Decorating a bundt cake is also a walk in the park and we will show you how.
Ingredients for Lemon Bundt Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 (3.4 ounce) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage (MT Dew, Mellow Yellow, Etc)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
Direction for Lemon Bundt Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan (Or spray with non stick spray).
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pudding mix, then stir in the oil.
- Beat in your eggs, one at a time, then stir in the lemon-lime soda.
- Pour the batter into greased bundt pan.
- Bake in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool and enjoy your meal!.
To make Lemon Cream Icing Glaze for the cake:
1 3/4 cups of confectioners sugar
1/4 cup of lemon juice
the zest of one lemon (or more!)
1 tsp of salted butter
We like the 4 cup Pyrex measuring cups. Add the sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Combine this well.
Microwave on high for 45 seconds.
Remove Pyrex cup and using a whisk, mix thoroughly so there are no lumps.
Let sit until desired consistency is reached and pour over your cake.
How to Make a Bundt Cake from cake mix Without a Bundt Pan
Some of you don’t own bundt pans or probably have no idea what they look like. Not to worry, you can still enjoy a bundt cake without a bundt pan. Here is how you.
You Will Need
• Butter your cake pan according to the bundt recipe.
• Clean your empty can and butter its outside (remember to remove the label first).
• Place your empty can in the middle of your cake pan. For precision, you can choose to use a tape measure.
• Take your dried beans and fill them in the can. They should be at least halfway full.
• Lastly, pour in your batter. It should surround the empty can. Leave your bundt cake to bake.
• When your cake is ready, twist your empty can a couple of times then remove it from the cake pan. If you applied enough butter on it, it should slip right through without a problem.
• A ceramic ramekin can also be used using this same technique.
We hope you enjoy our lemon bundt cake from cake mix recipe. We will be sharing more bundt cake recipes soon. Make sure to keep checking our website for more delicious recipes to enjoy with your family and friends.
Leave us a comment on how you like your Easy Lemon Bundt Cake Recipe! 🙂
Thank you for stopping by Back Roads Living again!