!! GIVEAWAY ENDED !!
Paper Dolls have been around for a long time. These beauties have been made in several different countries and little girls have enjoyed them for many years. Before the paper dolls were made many young child cut pictures out of catalogs and played with them.
Some families were like ours and really could not afford these things when the children were young and the catalog was the only resource available for play dolls! Stick dolls and many others have been played with over the years but the paper doll was and still is a favorite for many.
There are lots of people who have a collection of these beautiful dolls and collect many different varieties of them. McLoughlin Brothers, was founded in early 1800 and was the largest maker of paper dolls. They sold out to Milton Bradley in the 1920’s.
Paper ages and decays fairly fast if not stored correctly and because of this there are many paper dolls that are very expensive. Many vintage un-cut paper dolls will sell for $100.00 – $500.00 and above.
We are giving away this Paper Doll named “My Darling”. She is made by Mein Liebing, a German Company.
The doll stands 18″ tall and is hand painted.
The accessories include:
- 6 – Hand painted out its
- 6 – Black and white outfits tat you cn color yourself
- The cross piece for her stand is missing but this is something that can be cut from cardboard. Even a thin piece of paneling or lauan would work great.
To enter this drawing:
- You must have a USA address.
- You have to leave a comment in the field below.
- You can register once per day
- The contest ends at midnight Sunday June 1st.
- We will draw a random drawing for the winner by Tuesday and they will be notified then.
- You must respond by Saturday the 7th or we will draw a new winner.
- Keep an eye on your email next week! 🙂
There are many Paper Dolls out there for you to choose from.
Thank you for entering our Paper Doll giveaway!