We love Potato Cakes. They are so easy made and it keeps down on waste! Any time you have left over potatoes, whether mashed or fried, do not throw them out! Always refrigerate the leftovers and in the next couple of days make potato cakes from them!
Delicious and Easy!
Never throw out your leftover potatoes again!
You can season these to your taste and add spices, peppers, etc.
Ingredients for: Homemade Potato Cakes Recipe from Scratch
- 2 Cups leftover Mashed or Fried Potatoes. (If using fried you will need to cut them and mash them some)
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 Onion diced
Now you choice, Chives, Peppers, etc….Use your imagination.
Directions for: Homemade Potato Cakes Recipe from Scratch
- Mix all ingredients but not too much. It needs to be a thick texture.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium – high heat and add a couple of tsp of oil (We use olive oil)
- Drop by the tbsp spoon full into pre-heated skillet and gently mash down with the back of your spoon to form a circle until approx 3/8 inch thick.
- Let fry until good and brown on the bottom before turning. (It is important to let them get browned good or they will tear when you turn the over)
- Brown both sides and repeat process until mix is used up!
- Enjoy your Homemade Potato Cakes made from Scratch!
This is one of the easiest recipes I have used and it is tasty! Never throw out your leftover potatoes again! Add this Homemade Potato Cakes Recipe from scratch to your recipe collection!