Here is an item I have never heard of! A Poke Cake! Well, after we go over the recipe we will understand the name and term poke! This looks wonderful and sounds even better! I borrowed this one from my in-laws!
We love banana pudding and as soon as I get the chance I am going to make this banana pudding poke cake an get a good picture for you.
Ingredients: Banana Pudding Poke Cake
- 9 x 13 cake Pan
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 (3.4 oz.) packages instant banana pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1 (8 oz.) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 20 vanilla wafers, crushed
Directions: for Banana Pudding Poke Cake
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions for a 9 x 13 cake.
- Once cake comes out of the oven, allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Then, with a wooden spoon handle, a spatula handle, or some other similarly-sized object, poke holes in the cake.
- Poke holes every inch or so all over the entire cake (It needs to soak up all of the pudding that will be poured on it)
- You want the holes to be large so that the pudding has plenty of room to run down into the cake.
- Be sure to poke all the way down to the bottom of the cake.
- In a bowl, whisk together instant pudding mix with 4 cups milk.
- Stir until all the lumps are gone.
- Pour pudding mix over the cake.
- Pour it right into the holes as much as possible.
- Spread it all out and using the back of the spoon, gently push the pudding down into the holes.
- Put the cake into the refrigerator to set and cool (approx 2 hours).
- Once your cake has completely cooled, spread on whipped topping.
- Crush the vanilla wafers.
- She put these in a ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin. You can use the bottom of a heavy glass or whatever you have on hand.
- Leave some of the pieces big. Use these to garnish with.
- Spread crushed wafers onto the top of the cake. (Do this just before serving to ensure the wafers are crisp)
- Serve with freshly sliced bananas.
- Refrigerate after use.
If you like Banana Pudding try our other recipes below!
Don’t forget out Affiliate below!
Now we know what a Banana Pudding Poke Cake is!